As part of our outsourced external HR services provision, HR Services Scotland have undertaken a series of client care video calls in order to establish the current employee relations climate and provide detailed advice on staffing resources.
This has been with regards to furlough leave, short-time working and temporary lay-off, changes to contractual terms and conditions of service through reasonable and meaningful consultation (including reduction in pay/hours), voluntary redundancy, voluntary early retirement and compulsory redundancy.
In addition, our Head of HR and Deputy Head of HR have been closely working with our client’s senior management teams and have provided HR advice via regular ZOOM video conferencing, emails and telephone calls in relation to the following topics:
- Termination of employment under 2 years (where no protected characteristics exist)
- Non-renewal of fixed term contracts inclusive of notice period
- Changes to contractual terms and conditions of service through reasonable and meaningful consultation (e.g. reduction in hours and/or pay)
- Redeployment and displacement of staffing resources based on skill set in line with business requirements
- Voluntary redundancy and voluntary early retirement
- Compulsory redundancy and fair selection process, including appeal stage
- Application of furlough leave/furlough recall and provision of generic template letters
- Details of the Govt Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and its application to practice
- Annual leave and holiday pay during furlough
- Sick leave, SSP, self-isolation and shielding in relation to Covid-19
- Return from lockdown exit strategy and client information pack
- Other types of statutory leave such as dependents leave, family leave, bereavement leave etc, both paid and unpaid
- Restructuring and organisational review
- Succession planning
- Short-time working and temporary lay-off
- Adherence to statutory and contractual notice periods (whichever is the greater)
- Payment entitlements upon termination (including PILON)
- Recruitment freeze and natural wastage
- General health and well-being and signposting of appropriate support service provision
- HR advice in relation to unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal and disability discrimination claims, including the role of ACAS early conciliation and levels of risk associated with each
If you are interesting in booking a review session with our Head of HR with regards to any of the above issues, email us at [email protected] and a member of our team will be in touch to schedule this in for you.