This post is a CDM regulations 2015 summary. The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 came into force in Great Britain on 6 April 2015. They set out what people involved in construction work need to do to protect themselves from harm and anyone the work affects.
CDM regulations 2015 summary
- sensibly plan the work so the risks involved are managed from start to finish
- have the right people for the right job at the right time
- cooperate and coordinate your work with others
- have the right information about the risks and how they are being managed
- communicate this information effectively to those who need to know
- consult and engage with workers about the risks and how they are being managed
CDM 2015 is subject to certain transitional arrangements, for construction projects that began before 6 April 2015 and continue beyond that date.
HSE has published Legal Series guidance that supports CDM 2015 and explains it in more detail. HSE will seek views later in 2015 on whether to replace this guidance with an Approved Code of Practice, which many in the industry indicated they would prefer in the 2014 public consultation.
If you require more information about this CDM regulations 2015 summary please get in touch.